Sandi has the fish block at the end of her post.
Spent some time this afternoon tracing the pieces onto freezer paper then ironing them onto the felt. Later, at night I glued all the pieces in place.
Managed to spend about an hour stitching details onto block 6. I need to buy some more colours of thread so I can match the felt better.
I got my new felt today and it is not as nice as the pure wool felt. It is thinner and therefore not as firm but then it is about a quarter of the price. Hopefully it will sew up OK.
I spent yesterday afternoon sewing on all the bits. I so love the look of it. I have a couple of other things backed up so even though I really want to do some of the stitchery on this block I will have to leave it for a few days.
I used freezer paper to cut out all the bits. Not sure if it will be reusable. It gets a bit furry from the felt.
Nearly out of spray baster. I can't survive without it.
All the bits stuck on ready to sew around. Might have to free motion stitch all these bits since they are so small and curvy.